Friday, August 12, 2005

Will miss Strand in NY tremendously

Just the fact that I went to Strand in the weekend, helps me get by this week. Utterly frustrating. But I was looking forward to the day at Strand for a long time since the Germany trip, so the weekend was spent well.

I remember the first time, I was in NYC, walking around and glimpsed this bookstore, (the one in Bombay had very fond memories for me)...and it was like a dream come true. Rows upon rows of books, somewhat classified, but mostly left to be discovered as unearthed treasure. I guess I am a nerd :) I can spend my whole day in there, and feel very happy at the end of it.They have recently had rennovations, an entire second floor, and organized their sections and books better, but somehow I liked the more hodge-podge era better. I sure hope, they don't get too organized though I guess it can be a good thing too. I am dreading the thought of surviving in Frankfurt without Strand. So after those shoes, there will soon be even more crates of books in our new apartment. Have to make the most of my time left in NY.

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger indi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Mike said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its fun to read yr blog, i know what u mean about Strand in bombay..that whole area makes me nostalgic. its tuff to be away from all those inspiring things that made up my life. my hubby and i are from Bombay too, we are integrated here but sometimes even one whiff of a smell or one sight of a picture can send me crashing into the malaise of homesickness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home