Friday, September 02, 2005

I noticed that a few days ago, Kaushik had put up one of my random drawings on the net. Not that I like the display and am embarrassed enough by it, sometimes the tongue-in-cheek motive nonetheless needs an explanation. While taking his degree in Paris, and preserving the lifestyle of a poor student, all the equipment available to me were the backs of cardboard boxes and a pen. I have always been a fan of Warli art and decided to diverge from the usual scenes I was doing, and started doodling the face. Because of the elongated tusk-like appendages, and the miniature doodles all on him which reminded me of a tribal chief, I moulded the two impressions and called him the "Walrus King", and so his name stuck. There is also a "fisher king", but thats for another day.

2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home