Sunday, September 25, 2005

On a Sunday

This cold is making me miserable! I thought I was better yesterday, but today I am worse... Don't smell, don't hear much, feel so slow, everything seems stuffed up! All I want to do is curl up, and try to sleep, but this stuffed nose makes that uncomfortable too. Just want to complain :)

Actually I think I will make some good hot soup, and some hot tea with ginger. That should make me feel loads better. Just wish it gets over soon, and that I can enjoy Fall in all its glory.

Its been cold today. There is a sort of children's fair going on in the house opposite. There is some fiddle music, and so many children playing outside, next to the lake. The house opposite is huge, with marvelous grounds, leading upto a lake. So ordinary people can't go the lake, its all "private property". All you Can do is to just look at the lake from your window and be envious. This is what I don't like about most of Long Island. Rich people with an aversion to sharing. Not everybody of course, but most of them. At the same time, they can fund the most amazing libraries. The free public libraries here have more variety of fiction and non-fiction than I could ever dream of in even a good well-funded library in India. So yes as always, there's the good part and the bad part. Last week, I borrowed Alexander McCall Smith's series on Professor Doctor Moritz-Maria von Igelfeld.

I am on the last book of the series now and it has been an utterly delightful read. Full of ironic wit about European stereotypes, in the academia and otherwise. Completely enjoyed it and highly recommended.

Mma Ramotswe however remains my favorite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home