Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Support...

Freedom of Speech!

I was just signing off from my blog when I came across this in Ash's blog. The fact that a viewpoint in a personal blog can have such major repercussions in the real world is really an eye-opener for me. Since when do you have to mince words and not have any right to question facts, in a society? As long as it is within limits (which is certainly true in this case) each question gives us new knowledge and newer ways to look at things. Unless of course, the questions prove to be uncomfortable, which can only be when there is something to hide. But then to bully not just the person but an entire organization! How can that reflect well on any institute or its students? All it Can prove is that the institute is ill-equipped to handle matters professionally. I was seriously shocked at the series of personal attacks in the comments section of another blogger YouthCurry who initially reported this IIPM story. Even if a report maybe biased (I am saying this, since I have no way of judging its authenticity), there is a proper way of responding such as arguing with reason and logic. What is the purpose of name-calling or vitriolic comments, and how do they change any of the facts? Of all the comments I read on behalf of IIPM, only two were reasonable and concerned facts. The rest were just gross, attacks without any decency. Its such a shame when a matter of pursuing truth can degenerate into a sordid mess, one that could have been avoided Without causing damage to any individual, institute or its students. Pure bloody shame.

India Uncut details the whole story

5 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger MAHARAJADHIRAJ said...

I think home is about memories, food, sex, view, space, ownership, connections. And lucky are those who can find these just about anywhere. And I think the Net is helping us do that. What say yous?

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Ash said...

Thanks for linking the story ! :)

I still can't swallow the feelings of outrage raised by this issue... what imbeciles

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Bidi-K said...

maharajadhiraj : Hi, and thanks for stopping by. I guess you are refering to my earlier post about the meaning of home. I think home means different things to different people but for a majority its where you can be with your loved one, or feel a sense of comfort by yourself. I agree that the internet is bringing many things closer- people, places, memories, but at times you long for the real thing. You can have meaningful conversations and friends on the net who make you feel at home, but sometimes you need the reality of a warm hug, or of opening the door and feeling calm and comforted at the end of a bad day. To me, thats the essence of home, wherever in the world it maybe :)

ash : I had to link this, it concerns all of us. And yes its such a shame.

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous tony said...

One good thing IIPm have done. It has connected and united a lot of bloggers. i am quite a blogger my myself who likes to read strange new blogs everyday and i follow a number of blogs( not urs lol, but i sure will come back) silently and it was good too see so many different bloggers suddenly connecting.. U see bloggers also have a small cirle unique in thir own. IIPM united quite many..

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Bidi-K said...

tony, thanks for stopping by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home