Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Belated Shubho Noboborsho greetings. It was a long Easter weekend here and we are spoilt at the end of it. Its so hard getting back to a work schedule... but another weekend is fast approaching. I wish all weekends were 4 day affairs :) Meanwhile, the weather is absolutely gorgeous, spring has been here for almost a fortnight - fresh buds on trees, fresh green undergrowth carpeting the ground, birdsong every morning and nights that are made for after-dinner walks. Reminds me of mild winter evenings in Delhi when our small family used to have an early dinner, Baba would then take his torch, lock the house with this huge key and we would all step out into the fresh air for a night walk. We would meet all known faces, uncles, aunties and fellow playmates also out for a stroll, and the entire venture would turn out to be one more social gathering. I would never want the walks to end and would keep pleading Baba to take the long route home, but of course with parents being tired after their long day we would be back home all too soon. Its different here, though the walks can go on there are no familiar faces on the way. Most streets are deserted in anticipation of an early morning start, but this we find adds to their charm. K and I hum our old favorites as we meander around the dark cobbled streets, find a new bike path and discover yet another potential shortcut to the main station. This is the best part of the day for us and with summer just around the corner, daylight may soon accompany us on these night time sojourns. Methinks we need a holiday soon!

5 Comments:

At 3:30 AM, Blogger sinusoidally said...

How cute. :-) Wish I could visit Europe. Spring sounds so much better there and I bet there is no pollen there to send one into a state of watery and itchy eyes. I hate spring in the tristate area Bidisha, I really do!

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Bidi-K said...

Sines, It is better to cross the shores and visit Germany! Avail these opportunities I tell you :)

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Anyesha said...

Yep, we have started our nightly walks too. The only familiar face we meet is that of Hixie - the neighbourhood cat!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger sinusoidally said...

If you promise to entertain me for a week I will buy my ticket in a heart beat! Hee hee.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Bidi-K said...

anyesha, do say hi to Hixie from us :), here there are twin pekinese dogs who keep barking everytime we pass their window. i think they want to get out too!

sines, so you think i can't entertain you for a week, am mighty insulated i am... here i was planning to take you to my lab and introduce you to all my fish!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home