Thursday, June 01, 2006

I have been procrastinating again, nothing new... but just to remind myself I am going to write about these as soon as I am in the frame of mind. In the meantime they remain like short points on a memo. Hopefully being on a public space will make me expand on them, and not just leave them as such!

- Met "Sines", a fellow blogger on Monday. Was a first such meeting (with a blogger, I mean. I do know some bloggers personally but I knew them before they started blogging, this was the first when I met the person through blogging). Felt like a major achievement :) I was apprehensive at first. Why?
a) Just like that.
b) It was a working day, that too a monday and I was scared that I'd forget all about the meeting amidst my experiments (have a history of doing such things)
c) Sometimes the image that you have a person from a blog maybe different from a real-life person, and sometimes you'd rather have the image.
I needn't have worried, it went beautifully! It was so natural as if I was just meeting an old friend after ages. Nothing seemed contrived, put-on or out of place. Lots of gossip was exchanged, along with some very interesting stories. She was as honest, crazy and likeable as she is on her blog. And its adds a new dimension to reading her blog as well, and now I can actually count her as a friend! Sines took a photo too which she will blacken appropriately, I think :) and the gray, rainy Monday that was melted into a special light-hearted 3 hours of blogger bonding if you will.

- Got my iPod back. It was sent to the Apple repair center ever since it started shutting off on its own. They replaced it, and I have the same inscription on the back as in the original, which was a graduation present from my lab. Am really sentimental about it. I just hope this one doesn't have any problems since I have only 3 months warranty on the replacement. But the journey to Heidelberg and back is pure delight now. Am making up for music-deprivation for the last 2 months. Have been listening to the Rang de Basanti soundtrack lately, and listening to it in my ear is something different. Everytime I listen to 'Luka Chhupi' and Rahman joins in the song especially the high notes, the heart agonizes.

- I read "Opal Mehta...", and ended up feeling sorrier than ever for Kaavya. Plagiarising is plagiarising and all that, but going through the book especially the part where she is incoherent and completely hysterical in her interview because she is so desperate to get into Harvard made me think that maybe there is more than fiction here. She even mentions Harvard Crimson, ironical perhaps. And the whole tone of the book is so "Harvard is the only place to be",so much lovesickness for the place, that at the end of it all, especially in retrospect, I really feel sorry for her.

I don't think this is a memo anymore, rather a full-fledged post. That was fast. Seems like my fingers flew over the whole thing before I realised it. Must be the Espresso I had after dinner, along with the fabulous Tartufo. Yummy! This was celebration for the first ATM that was installed in Congo, something which Kaushik had been working on for the past few months. So its all good! Now I hope I get some sleep, have a long day tomorrow...Gute Nacht, Schlaf Gut :)

12 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Ash said...

Putting a face to the blog identity is dun na ?

Oh by the way, do check out DesiPundit's fundu new design !

 
At 2:57 AM, Anonymous Ash said...

Dang, I meant fun :)

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger nomita said...

Do I remember you guys???!!!! Of course I do!!! Did u happen to read the first post on my blog? If no, you MUST check that out :):)

How are you both doing? I had been pretty much following your life on blogspot :P

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

I've never met any blogger till date. I guess it would be fun. But then it would take out the slight anon tinge that we try to maintain. It helps to say things exactly the way we want them and not wory about what someone else we know might think after reading that.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Joy Forever said...

I never met any fellow blogger, but met two fellow Orkutters... that was a nice experience. Both are my very good friends now.
Congrats for your iPod. And best wishes too...
I do not agree about Kaavya though...as you yourself said, plagiarism is plagiarism. It is bad enough if I plagiarise on my blog, but it becomes unacceptable when a large sum of money is involved. How can I claim the money for somebody else's creativity and hard work?

That was a nice post. Danke schoen for sharing your thoughts and experiences...! :)

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger sinusoidally said...

Bidisha, that was sweet. I had so much fun meeting you and chatting up. You are a wonderful person inside out. Probably that is why I never felt I was meeting someone for the first time. Plus I loved your fishies. :-)Next time you are in US you have to give me a call, okay? :-)

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Bidi-K said...

ash: yes it was a lot of fun :) and new look rocks!

nomita: yes i read the first post, thank you! and now i know who wrote that anonymous comment a long time back :) take care and keep in touch.

m: yes it takes away the anonymous tinge but somehow when you meet a person after you read their blog, you already are non-judgemental on them and their lives, so it doesn't change much. i rather think that if someone from my real life reads my blog (which in any case they do :)), then i would be more careful than with people who already know my blog persona and like it. just my 2c :)

joy: thanks for the wishes. what you say is true but somehow to me the picture is not so black and white, and she is so young... btw, do you learn german? :)

sines: it was wonderful to meet! and yes we will keep in touch, blogwise and otherwise.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Joy Forever said...

Gott in Himmel! Nein! I only know a few words, mainly due to reading Prof. Shonku and having some German relatives in Tamm... :)

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger sattva said...

hi, got here through kundalini's blog. have really enjoyed reading some of your stuff, will defi re-visit.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger nomita said...

Am doing a Masters in Info Systems Mgmt at CMU. Nope I do not have ur email id. Do pass it on. Would love to write to u guys :)

You can write to me at nomita.rajan at gmail

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Bidi-K said...

joy:tai bujhi :)
sattva:welcome and yes please do re-visit. i went to your blog too, and found you such a colorful personality!
nomita:thats just great and yes will write soon!

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home