Saturday, July 01, 2006

and in the World Cup

And Whats Happening?... Surprise after surprise at the World Cup! I don't think anybody thought that Brazil would lose to France. Almost 80% of the people in Frankfurt+visitors (my impression) sported Brazil T-shirts or carried the flag and they all have stunned expressions on their faces as we come back home on the tram. What an upset! .... though I feel that France played so much better than Brazil today that they deserved to win.
In the other match I was supporting Portugal.. wearing their colours and all, and I am so glad they won, though I still don't see how seasoned players can miss a penalty not because the goalkeeper stops the ball but because the ball is not on its way between the two poles at all!
Also glad about the Germany and Italy wins... this World Cup is quite turning out to be of my liking, though I would've liked Brazil to be up there too.

Update: July4 - Haha, Italy wins the first semi... they truly deserved to.. what a thrilling finish! Their dribbling was awesome to watch (though they run so much slower than the germans), and they missed some chances, but they finally converted 2 of them. Germany played abysmally, goals went wide and where were the finishers? This nation is in mourning.

3 Comments:

At 4:37 AM, Blogger Joy Forever said...

I always said that Brazil won't be winning this one... A team can't win everytime, there's a law of averages. I was hopeful for Argentina though. :(

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Joy Forever said...

And oh yes, I didn't see this earlier... thanks for putting that link to my blog on your blog!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Bidi-K said...

joy: my mother was supporting Argentina too, she was so sad that they are out. and you are welcome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home