Monday, October 23, 2006

Of tags, jigsaws and ladybugs

Almost all that my computer holds is music. Less data, more music (catchy ain't it? :)). So it was most challenging to simply list top favorites. Almost made me subdivide in 101 categories of top played, but I somehow resisted, and did a simple most-played tag that Kundalini requested. But please bear in mind that this is only the Current Top Played, it changes by mood, disorders, happiness, jigsaw puzzles... you name it, there is a favorite for everything.

Songs on my playing list. Will try and share some, when I do get the time, I did try on sendspace and odeo but they were too slow for me, any suggestions are most welcome.

Across the Universe (Beatles/Rufus Wainwright)
Lotus Feet (Shakti)
Hazaron Khwaishen Aisi (Jagjit Singh)
Nature Boy (Miles Davis/Nat King Cole/Ella Fitzgerald)
Sajna Tere Bina (Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan)
Windmills of your Mind (Jose Feliciano/Sting)
Tumi Aashbei Aami Jaani (Suman Chatterjee)
Shaam-e-gham ki Kasam (Talat Mahmood)
Arizona Dreams (Goran Bregovich & Emir Kusturica)
Bad Day (REM)
Both sides now (Joni Mitchell)
Can't take my eyes off you (Frank Vallie)
If I was a rich man (Fiddler on the Roof; Topol)
Lemon Tree (Sting)
Cigarettes and Chocolate (Rufus Wainwright)
Hallelujah (Jeff Buckley)
Thodasa Roomani Ho Jaayen (Chhaya Ganguly)

and now I notice that I don't have any Simon and Garfunkel, no Tracy Chapman, or songs from "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" (I love the movie) on my list. Horror of horrors!
The tag passes on to Anyesha, Joy and Sines and Scribbles. Only if they want to :)

and in the meantime I caught my 6th cold this year, Gah, Gah and more Gah!!! Seriously hate this periodic sniffing and hunting for tissue paper, like there is nothing better to do. And the weekend was spent thus - .

K at the table

All done! Pat Pat :)



And its ladybug season in Frankfurt, they're everywhere, and a pleasure to photograph, inspire such beautiful stories and bring smiles and luck to all. Only downside is that I have to go about warily so that I don't tread on them by mistake, here's a pair on our balcony, just like two commuters meeting on the tube.



Oh and I also updated the silly pics, Whew!

11 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Joy Forever said...

Hmmm... very difficult tag. I'll do it when I find time. By the way, that jigsaw puzzle is AWESOME. Congrats to K for completing it. And the ladybirds are looking very cute in that position. Here it's the season for 'Shyama poka' but alas, there are hardly any Shyama pokas to be seen this year. Maybe the pollution did them in. :(

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Bidi-K said...

joy, no no no...just because you see only K in the picture doesn't mean he did the puzzle by himself!

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a lovely beetle snap

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Joy Forever said...

Oops! See how pictures can lead people to assume unsaid things... and by your three consecutive "no"s, I can guess that you deserve half the congrats!

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger kundalini said...

thanks for sharing your list, bidi. very nice. if you do end up uploading the tracks (you'll have to convert to mp3 first - drop me a line if you need help with that), here's my wishlist:

the chhaya ganguly and the suman chatterjee ones. :)

that jigsaw must require serious patience. good job! do you plan to get it framed and put it up?

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

hope you feel better soon...and yes that is an awesome jigsaw. take care

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Bidi-K said...

shreemoyee: thank you! i sat and watched them for at least 3 hours on a sunday afternoon :)

joy: with jigsaw puzzles i strongly feel the need to share the credit!

kundalini: the tracks are mp3s already, at least most them, since they are on my ipod. just that they still take ages to upload. will try and do your favs first!

m: i am recovered, surprisingly fast i have to say! i think that jigsaw was the key :) i am so addicted to them.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger sattva said...

bidi-k, nice list :) and i am a huge jigsaw fan! i once did one with 3000 pieces and it took me FOREVER. have friends who do the 5000-piece ones and i don't know HOW they do it! this one is lovely.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger GhostOfTomJoad said...

Across the Universe (Beatles) and Both Sides Now (Joni Mitchell/Neil Diamond)... these could easily have been on my list too

Notice the complete un-mention of puzzles :-) Haven't tried any now for over a decade, when it was a part of a TV series we did

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Joy Forever said...

I did your tag. :)

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Bidi-K said...

sattva: we are planning on doing a 3-D jigsaw next :)

ghostoftomjoad: and that put you off puzzles forever?

joy: thanks for doing it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home