Sunday, October 15, 2006

On why there is the K in Bidi-K

I seriously had a lot to write. I have not done a proper blog post for ages. So this weekend when K left for Congo, I thought I would have plenty of time to actually sit down, put those thoughts in order and get out a decent writeup before lapsing into bits and pieces again. Instead I've vacuumed, done all the pending laundry, called my parents, called a long-lost recently-got-in-touch-with school friend, my best friend, watched Sex and the City (which in turn made me more depressed; now I not only miss K but also desperately miss NYC; haven't been there for the last 8 months; I don't know how I survive), also watched "Khatta-Meetha", finished Sally Gardener's I, Coriander and started on Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things, besides working on a new 2000 piece puzzle.

And all this completely justifies the Bidi-K. The K is needed to make Bidi write. Apparently a peaceful house with no one peeking over her shoulder and asking "isn't it done yet, your tea is cold, don't you have lab meeting tomorrow" doesn't quite do it for Bidi. She seemingly thrives, is sane and at peace with the K brand of chaos. And that is an eye-opener.

ps. and talking of NY, I seriously can't believe that this institution will be gone the next time I am there. Quite shocking.

6 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! So how long is K gone?

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

that is the core of our seemingly peaceful life :)) I hope the K will be restored in a short time because we miss you in entirety.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Bidi-K said...

hardu: not for very long :) maybe i shouldn't complain so much, just for a week.

m: peaceful is it?;) hmmm so i have to get cracking as soon as he comes back?

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger kundalini said...

you've been tagged! you have to share the ten songs on your current playlist.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Bidi-K said...

working on it, will post it soon :)

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger kundalini said...

no prob, take your time. happy diwali. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home