Sunday, March 04, 2007

sometimes i think of what it is that makes me the best kind of happy, and then i find that that feeling in the world comes to me only on a sunday which has all of the following:

a. waking up with the sun on my face, and following it through one room to another through the day.
b. talking to family with the morning sun as company.
c. laying sprawled with a book, with K reading alongside similiarly sprawled in the afternoon sun, the sounds of children playing a few floors below as a steady hum.
d. almost stretching like Hobbes and watching the sun on its way down, as it paints the sky with sublime and violent shades of colour with each step of its descent.
e. leaning out of the balcony and watching the lights come on in the nearby buildings one by one, breathing in the air slowly and watching all the shades of darkening blue in the sky, till they become black.
f. drifting in and out of these states with pauses, till finally sleep comes.

tomorrow is monday.
and now that i think about it, a sunday without c is no sunday for me at all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Joy Forever said...

All that is very well, and I love the sun too. But I live in India and summer is approaching, so I restrict those happy sundays to the winter. In summer I'd rather stay in a cool room with all windows closed all day.
Lovely post as always!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Bidi-K said...

I agree with you, this kind of a sunday is restricted to sunlight challenged germany! I wouldn't dream of this being ideal during indian summers, and thank you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home